Human Strike Within Moving Images
Capp Street artist in residence Claire Fontaine will begin a six-night film series on Monday, November 5 with Marco Bellocchio's Devil in the Flesh (1986). The film series looks at the concept of the human strike, which the artist deals with extensively in her work, as expressed through both narrative and documentary film. The film series will culminate with a discussion with the artist.
All screenings take place on Monday evenings at 6pm in GC1 of the Hooper complex on CCA's San Francisco campus unless otherwise noted. All films are open to the public.
Screening schedule as follows:
1) Devil in the Flesh, Marco Bellocchio (1986), 114 min.
Monday, November 5, 6pm
2) To See if I’m Smiling, Tamar Yarom (2007), 59 min.
Monday, November 12, 6pm
3) Sobibór, 14 Octobre 1943, 16 heures, Claude Lanzmann (2005), 95 min.
Thursday, November 15, 7pm
4) Nûmero Deux, Jean-Luc Godard (1975), 88 min.
Monday, November 26, 6pm
5) Sean, Ralph Arlyck (1970), 15 min.
One Can Live of Love, Silvano Agosti (1984), 8 min.
Thursday, November 29, 7pm
6) La Chinoise, Jean-Luc Godard (1967), 96 min.
Monday, December 3, 6pm